Terms of Website use
1. Information about us
This Website is operated by Sterling Outsourcing Sp zoo. Sterling Debt Recovery is a trading name of Sterling Outsourcing Sp zoo, registered in Poland, registered address ul. Batorego 1/4, Krakow, 31-135, Company registration no. KRS0000288699
2. Accessing our Website
From time to time, we may limit some areas of our Website to individuals who we have contacted in connection with the payment of a debt and/or who have been provided with validation details. If this applies to you, in order to access these areas and manage your account you will be required to enter certain validation details. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your validation details. You agree to notify us immediately if you believe that there has been any unauthorised activity on the Website as a result of your validation details becoming compromised, unless this is due to our negligence.
3. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on the Website, including text, graphics, code and/or software. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website solely for your personal reference. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
4. Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
5. Our Website changes regularly
We are not obliged to update this Website but we may do so from time to time and we reserve the right to change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely.
6. Our liability
The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy, completeness or reliability and we accept no liability for any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. To the extent permitted by law, we and other members of our group together with third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any Websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
We do not accept any liability for any charges, interest or other costs whatsoever which you may incur in connection with a debt owed to us or to a third party as a result of you having been unable for any reason to access this Website, including but not limited to your inability to make a payment on your account or contact us via this Website. In the event that you are unable to access this Website you can contact us by using the telephone number available on our Website, which you may wish to note down for future reference.
7. Information about you and your visits to our website
8. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
If you breach this provision, you will commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Website linked to it.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
9. Linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it and provided it does not portray us in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must not contain any material which is defamatory of any person, which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or which promotes sexually explicit material; violence; discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or which infringes any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Website other than as set out above, please contact us by writing to Sterling Outsourcing Sp zoo, ul. Batorego 1/4, Krakow, 31-135, Poland.
10. Links from our Website
Where our Website contains links to other Websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those Websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
11. Jurisdiction and applicable law
12. Trade Marks
Sterling Outsourcing Sp zoo is committed to the protection of your privacy. This policy explains what personal information we collect from users of www.recruitmentdebtcollection.com (our Website) and what we do with that information. Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By providing your information to us through this Website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information we collect from you
We do not automatically collect personal information from you through our Website. However, like all websites our servers automatically collect certain information about the volume and characteristics of our Website traffic, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your internet service provider. We cannot identify you from this information.
We will only collect personal information about you through our Website if you choose to provide this to us, for example by completing forms on various sections of our Website, such as making a debt repayment via the ‘pay online now’ page or by accessing the ‘recruitmentdebtcollection.com’ site, by emailing us directly or via a link on our Website. If you make a payment via our ‘pay online now’ page, we will ask you to provide personal information including but not limited to the Sterling reference number to which the payment relates, the cardholder’s name and address, card details such as card number, valid from and expiry date, issue number and security number, as well as the payment value.
We may also record any telephone numbers and email addresses you contact us from in order for us or any third parties to contact you from time to time for the purposes set out in this policy.
Although not collected through this Website, we also collect information about individuals whose accounts we have purchased and individuals whose accounts we are collecting on behalf of our clients (“customers”) from credit reference agencies, our clients, customers who contact us by telephone, email or letter, and from other public data sources.
How we use this information
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- where you have requested information or asked us to contact you, we may use your personal information to gather the information requested and respond to your request or to contact you if you have asked us to do so;
- to process payments made via our Website and to service, update and administer your account. For example, where you make a payment via the ‘pay online now’ page we will apply this to your account to reduce the outstanding balance;
- to provide you with a helpful and effective service;
- for debt collection purposes and other business and client communication purposes;
- to trace customers;
- to prevent money laundering and/or fraud;
- to help us take decisions about you and your account;
- to fulfil our obligations to our clients, for example we may provide them with details of your payment history, account usage, changes of name and address;
- if you provide us with your email address, we may use it to contact you about your account;
- marketing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may also use and/or pass your details on to third parties for the purposes set out above as well as the following purposes:
- to employees, sub-contractors and third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you or to those who are contracted to provide us with services, such as administration support or website services. For example, if you make a payment via our ‘pay online now’ page your details will be passed to our payment service provider for processing;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us or any third parties; or for credit card clearance. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, including fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies;
- to another entity with which Sterling enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction;
- to credit reference agencies to ensure responsible lending and the accuracy of data. We may provide such agencies with information about the behaviour of your account including changes to your personal information, such as previous or subsequent names. Other lenders may use this to make decisions on future applications for credit;
- if we have (or believe we have) a duty to do so, or the law allows us to;
- when we investigate a complaint relating to a debt you owe we may need to share personal information with our client (your creditor);
- if you apply to work for us, we will use the information supplied to us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example if we want to take up a reference or obtain a “disclosure” from the Credit Reference Bureau, we will not do so without informing you beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law. We may provide your information to third parties to trace your whereabouts or for debt collection purposes.
- We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- Telephone conversations are recorded in order to offer you additional security, resolve complaints and improve our quality and service standards. Conversations may also be recorded for training purposes.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server (such as that used to run this Website) to your computer, which are then stored on the computer’s hard drive. Although cookies contain identifying information, they do not contain any information that identifies you personally, but they allow us to recognise you when you return to our Website.
If you do not want to accept a cookie when you visit our Website, you should be able to change the settings in your browser to disable this function, but there might be sections of the Website that you are unable to access.
Security of personal information
We take the security and disclosure of personal information very seriously and the data that we collect from you will be held securely at our main trading address.
We are mindful of the importance of upholding the security of information under our control. All data collected through this Website that is stored electronically, is stored on secure servers, and we have stringent security and confidentiality procedures covering the storage and disclosure of such information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website, any transmission is at your own risk.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Consent and changes to our policy
By using this Website you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as stated above. We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time and, if we do so, your continued use of the Website will be taken as acceptance of any such change. You should check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made to this policy.
Some websites that have links to and from our website from time to time may collect personal information about you when you access or utilise those links. We do not control the collection or use of such information, and the practices of those websites are not covered by this policy. Some websites that have links to and from our website from time to time may also use their own cookies. We have no access to, or control over these cookies, and you are advised to check the cookie policies on such other websites.
GDPR Regulation and Personal Data
Sterling fully complies with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. You may request copies of the personal information we hold about you or request to amend any factual inaccuracies or delete any personal information we have on record. Any requests must be directed to our Privacy Compliance Officer at Sterling Outsourcing Sp zoo, ul. Batorego 1/4, Krakow, 31-135, Poland. Any request may be subject to an administration fee if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.